- Birthday: January 1
- Married to Wanangwa for 19 years and they have four boys (Ngwane, Raphael, Blessings, and Khwima).
- Graduated from African Christian College in 2012 with a Theology major and a Leadership minor.
- Trained in Survival Gardening and Farming God’s Way, as well as poultry, dairy cattle, and fish farming.
- Preaches for Tombolombo Church of Christ and serves as Biblical facilitator in AIDS prevention.
- Has taught at Mzimba Malawi Sunset School of Preaching.
- Serves on a national skills development committee teaching gardening.
- Mbwenu conducts field days at his farm and has organized a 750 farmer coop to improve grain marketing and added grain milling to add value to the maize production.